http://time.com/collection/guide-to-sleep/ – GUIDE TO SLEEP BY TIME MAGAZINE
Today we completed our Sensation and Perception Test. We will have a Presenter next week from the BC Schizophrenia Society (Tuesday/Thursday) talking about Mental Health.
Please complete your SLEEP LAB for 2 WEEKS(see me for handout) DUE DECEMBER 17th on BLOG
Please start reading the unit on States of Consciousness with handout/questions DUE DECEMBER 10th!
Watch the TED TALK and pick 3 things that sparked your interest! Write these on your handout. Some questions to consider
- What does the biological clock do?
- What is the average amount of sleep people are getting?
- How do you know if you need more sleep? Give three indicators.
- What are a couple of things you should do to get a better sleep
- What does Foster say about the brain and mental health?
- What has been shown about bipolar disorder and its connection to sleep?
- What can one do regarding sleep to help alleviate mental illness?
https://www.everydayhealth.com/hs/bipolar-depression/bipolar-disorder-and-sleep/– ARTICLE ON SLEEP AND BIPOLAR DEPRESSION