Students presented their Political Campaigns today on a selected Party. Way to go! So, what’s next?
Blog Post due Monday/Tuesday: Please pick ONLY ONE of the following questions to write on your blog. You have the choice to write or podcast(using audacity- remember to export as MP3)
- Which of the party leaders do you think would make the best prime minister and why?
- Which local candidate do you think would make the best Member of Parliament and why?
- Which party platform do you support the most and why? Which aligns with your priorities? Explain
- Which election issue is most important to you? Which party’s proposal to address this issue do you agree with the most?
Remember to follow Blog Criteria and to include the question you are answering within the post. A powerful title and an image(maybe of your campaign visual?)
Review the following concepts for a quick Self Check Quiz on Monday/Tuesday. This will only take 10 minutes.
- What is a Democracy?
- Leaders of each party studied in class
- Carbon Tax- liberals believe a carbon tax will slow climate change
- Minimum age for voting in federal election -18
- Fundamental rights and freedoms (remember that graphic organizer?)
- Federal election occurs every 5 years or less
- List at least 3 major issues in this election (energy/climate/economy)
- Canada’s system of government is a parliamentary democracy and a constitutional monarchy. We elect members to represent us in our federal parliament.
- Greta Thunberg
Leaders Debate: On October 7th between 7 and 9 you can tune in to the leaders debate.