BLOGFOLIO HOMEWORK..FOR PARENTS
Welcome to you homework week! Please ask your child to LOGIN to their blogfolio so you have access to it. I ask that you comment on ONE (or more, if you have some time) of the posts and ask your child to share with you some of the activities they feel proud of. Please see instructions below.
Digital portfolios are assigned to individual students and are kept private. To access a digital portfolio, students must know their unique login and password information. Digital portfolios (Blogfolio) will be assessed during the semester. Parents/Guardians will have access to their child’s digital portfolio where they can see the learning process. This form of communication allows the student opportunities to practice self-assessment and ownership of their learning (an extremely important skill for this year). Students please login for your parent/guardian.
For homework this week, students will be asked to spend a few moments to review their Blogfolios with their parent/guardian. I ask that you take time this week to comment on one item of your child’s digital portfolio. Please comment in their own blogs (they will show you how to do this). Thank you!
Tips on Commenting and supporting learning process:
Under any of the posts will be a COMMENT link > click to open a box. (You can also record in any language if you prefer).
- Notice thought, capacities and growth. This can include creative and critical thinking in responses
- Connect with your child’s opinions, stories or ideas.
- Share your intellectual curiosity.
- “You are interested in ______? Me too, here’s an interesting website I’m reading about ________.”
- I noticed you…
- The part I found most interesting…
- A few things you did really well here are…
- One thing I’m seeing about your work is…
- Have you considered…
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Thank you