Blogfolio Homework…for Parent/Guardian
Dear Parent/Guardian you have Blogfolio homework….Students do not have homework this weekend 😊 We will continue to work on Coat of Arms next week in class. Reminder that curricular competencies self-assessment due on Blog by Friday. Have a well deserved weekend!
Digital portfolios are assigned to individual students and are kept private. To access a digital portfolio, students must know their unique login and password information. Digital portfolios (Blogfolio) will be assessed each term. Please see rubric on my website. Parents/Guardians will have access to their child’s digital portfolio where they can see the learning process. This form of communication allows the student opportunities to practice self-assessment and ownership of their learning (an extremely important skill for this year). Students please login for your parent/guardian.
For homework this week, students will be asked to spend a few moments to review their Blogfolios with their parent/guardian. I ask that you take time this week to comment on one item of your child’s digital portfolio. Please comment in their Blogs. Thank you!
Tips on Commenting and supporting learning process:
Under any of the posts will be a COMMENT link > click to open a box. (You can record in any language.)
- Notice thought, capacities and growth. This can include creative and critical thinking in responses
- Connect with your child’s opinions, stories or ideas.
- Share your intellectual curiosity.
- “You are interested in ______? Me too, here’s an interesting website I’m reading about ________.”
- I noticed you…
- The part I found most interesting…
- A few things you did really well here are…
- One thing I’m seeing about your work is…
- Have you considered…
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.