DUE ON FRIDAY, DECEMBER 22nd.
- Sleep Lab Assignment and Vocab
- Article Response on Sleep
Over the Break you will complete
- Drugs and Consciousness Lab or Alternative Assignment (Due on Blog or on January 8th)
- Bonus Video assignment(optional)
- Multiple Choice Take home Test/ or Study Guide Multiple Choice
***If you were absent and don’t have the above assignments please complete the study guide portion of the drugs and consciousness unit with the multiple choice practice at the end. You will hand this in when you return (equivalent to the above assignments). Also, watch the video below!
Drugs and Consciousness
- Psychoactive Drugs – chemicals that alter perceptions and mood
- Tolerance- user requires a larger amount to get same effects
- Withdrawal – user experiences discomfort when discontinuing use
- Physical pain
- Psychological – cravings
- Most people do NOT become addicted when using drugs medicinally
- People are equally as likely to overcome addiction by themselves as when they seek therapy
- Psychoactive Drugs
- Influences of Drug Use
- Negative correlation between drug education and use
- Evidence for biological predisposition for alcohol dependence
- Use correlated send of meaningless, stress, failure and depression
- Peer pressure – most likely to use if you believe friends use
Near Death Experience
- 30-40% of those had came close to death report NDE
- Commonalities: replay of old memories, out of body sensation, lights, tunnels
- Similar reports by
- uses of hallucinogens
- patients with temporal lobe seizures
- people experience prolonged isolation or cold and
- those suffering oxygen deprivation
- Those who have done hallucinogens and had NDE claimed they are different.
Crash Course: Please listen and take notes
Note: We will be starting our Learning Unit on January 8th.
Enjoy the break and get some sleep!
How has the Middle Ages contributed to modern day society? Please make sure you post by Friday and include any information you gathered from YOUR research. You will add your group answer next week.
Presentations will take place next Tuesday/Wednesday
BLOG POST: HOW HAS THE MIDDLE AGES CONTRIBUTED TO MODERN DAY SOCIETY?
Please make sure your post is completed by Next Friday! It may include more information, your presentation, visuals and notes from your expertise! This is the last post of the year!
This week we will begin our mini presentation project on the Middle Ages. Click below for assignment criteria
This will be presented on December 19/20! I will require you to post the presentation and the process of answering your question on the blog!
Over the Holidays you may consider keeping up with your blog by posting on a current event or a cool place your visited. Always relate and link what you can to History or Geography!
Last class we started our unit on States of Consciousness. I went over the stages and had you complete in class questions. Begin reading this chapter.
Tuesday is our Test on Sensation and Perception /45 possible marks!
Keep working on your Sleep Lab!
Today you worked in groups to describe what life was like on the Manor! Great presentations today. No Homework this weekend. Please make sure you have completed this week blog post (feudal contact – please see previous post)
Next week is Genius Week! You will be working on a mini project that will be completed before the break!